East Portland Action Plan (EPAP)
2017 Civic Engagement Grants Program
$50,000 total funds available
See the application attached below.
(No project request amount restriction)
Now we just need your projects!
Date Due: October 13, 2016
The EPAP Civic Engagement Subcommittee releases this grant application to encourage civic engagement in under supported race and ethnic culturally specific communities with language appropriate communication that leads to further community involvement of people not usually included in decision making.
$50,000 in total funds is available for projects that will:
- address at least one East Portland Action Plan strategy or item in a culturally specific way with language appropriate communication with under-supported race and ethnic communities to further the community involvement of people not usually included in decision making. Action Plan strategies have letters followed by one number (e.g. A.1) and Action items have letters followed by two numbers (e.g. A.1.1) and can be found at: www.eastportlandactionplan.org;
- take place within the borders of East Portland for and with people living in East Portland (see a map of the area on page 13 of this application);
- actively guide East Portland community members to take advantage of opportunities for leadership building and civic engagement.
EPAP addresses community-identified issues and advocates for allocation of resources to improve livability and prevent displacement in the City of Portland East Portland Neighborhood Office area (see a map on page 13). Learn more at the EPAP website: www.eastportlandactionplan.org or contact the EPAP Advocate: 503.823.4035 or email@example.com
Individuals or community organizations that don’t have a 501(c) 3, government sponsorship, or a State and City registered business sponsor with Liability Insurance may contact the EPAP Grant Manager for fiscal sponsor suggestions.
Application Submission Deadline:
Proposals Must Be Received By
5:00 PM, October 13, 2016
Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Applications may be submitted in any language by email, in person, or by mail to the EPAP Advocate and Grant Manager:
firstname.lastname@example.org (503.823.4035) or
East Portland Action Plan
1017 NE 117th Ave.
(117th between Halsey + Glisan at the foot of the water tower)
Portland, OR 97220
Application SUPPORT for Grant Writers:
- You are encouraged to individually contact the EPAP Grant Manager with questions and for support and input on your grant application.
- Grants may be submitted in any language (Submitting in a language other than English without reasonable time for translation services limits the ability of the Grant Manager to provide input).
- Interpretation services and childcare will be made available, with reasonable notice, for individual meetings, specially scheduled language-specific sessions, or at the ”Grant Information Sessions” listed on page 4.
- A computer and copier are available for your grant-related use at the East Portland Neighborhood Office, 1017 NE 117th Ave., Portland, OR 97220.
- Handwritten grant application submissions are acceptable, as long as they can be read.
- Don’t have a fiscal sponsor or not sure what one is? Don’t let that stop a good project – contact the EPAP Grant Manager and ask about options.
- Grant writing resources are posted at: www.eastportlandactionplan.org/grants.
- You are strongly ENCOURAGED to attend a “Grant Support Session” (listed on page 4). Each session will answer questions about the application, the committee review process, and how the funds may be used. Please call five days in advance for special needs accommodations, childcare, and/or language interpretation requests at 503-823-4035 or TTY 503-823-6868. The building is mobility device accessible.
Grant Information Sessions (choose one):
Choose one session:
September 13, 2016 at 9:30 AM
September 13, 2016 at 6:30 PM
September 22, 2016 at 6:00 PM
Taking place at the East Portland Neighborhood Office,
1017 NE 117th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97220
(between Halsey & Glisan at the foot of the watertower)
TriMet Bus Service: #77 and #25
See the application attached below.