East Portland Action Plan
2016 General Grants Program
Project Requests may be for $500 - $5,000
($46,000 total available)
Now we just need your projects!
Application Due Date: February 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM
The goal of the EPAP General Grant program is to build East Portland livability and prevent displacement by funding projects that implement strategies and items identified in the East Portland Action Plan (which can be found in English, Spanish, and Russian languages at: www.eastportlandactionplan.org).
The Action Plan document was designed by and for the community to:
- Improve the quality of life for East Portland residents
- Foster strong community connections
- Increase the area’s regional significance
- Enhance equity and prevent displacement.
$46,000 is available to support projects that implement the Action Plan. EPAP General Grant awards can range from $500 - $5,000, and must:
- Address at least one East Portland Action Plan strategy or item (www.eastportlandactionplan.org). Action Plan strategies have letters followed by one number (e.g. A.1) and Action items have letters followed by two numbers (e.g. A.1.1)
- Do the work within the borders of East Portland for and with people living in East Portland (see an area map on Page 14 of this application packet).
Individuals or community organizations that don’t have 501(c) 3 status or a State and City registered business sponsor with Liability Insurance may contact the EPAP Grant Manager for fiscal sponsor suggestions.
East Portland Action Plan Grants are funded by the City of Portland
Grant Applications are due on Monday, February 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM.
Application Submission Deadline:
Proposals must be received by: February 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM
Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted in any language by email, in person, or by mail to:
East Portland Neighborhood Office
1017 NE 117th Ave
(117th between Halsey + Glisan at the foot of the water tower)
Portland, OR 97220
For More Information – Let Me Help You
Grant Support Sessions (choose one)
Thursday, January 7, 2016 East Portland Neighborhood Office
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM OR 1017 NE 117th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97220
(between Halsey & Glisan at the foot of the watertower)
TRI-MET Bus: #77, #25 (stops at 7 PM)
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 East Portland Neighborhood Office
9:30 AM – 11:00 PM OR Same Address as above
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Application SUPPORT for Grant Writers:
- You are encouraged to individually contact the EPAP Grant Manager with questions and for support and input on your grant application.
- Grants may be submitted in any language (submitting in a language other than English without reasonable time for translation services does limit the ability of the Grant Manager to provide input).
- Interpretation services and childcare will be made available, with reasonable notice, at individual meetings, specially scheduled language – specific sessions, or at the following Grant Support Sessions.
- A computer and copier is available for your grant-related use at the East Portland Neighborhood Office, 1017 NE 117th Ave., Portland, OR 97220
- Handwritten grant applications submissions are acceptable, as long as they can be read. Handwritten submissions may be in any language.
- Don’t have a fiscal sponsor or not sure what one is? Don’t let that stop a good project, contact the EPAP Grant Manager and ask about options.
- Grant writing resources are posted at www.eastportlandactionplan.org/grants.
- You are strongly ENCOURAGED to attend a Grant Support Session listed below. The session will answer questions about the application, the committee review process, and how the funds may be used. Please call five days in advance for special needs accommodations, childcare, and/or language interpretation requests at 503-823-4035 or TTY 503-823-6868.The building is mobility device accessible.
Grant Manager Contact:
lore wintergreen, East Portland Action Plan Advocate
East Portland Neighborhood Office, 1017 NE 117th Ave.
503.823.4035 and firstname.lastname@example.org