1. National Community Reinvestment Coalition Summit Presentations:
Fair Housing and Community Reinvestment Act: http://eastportlandactionplan.org/sites/default/files/2017.10.02%20NCRC%20Fair%20Housing%20and%20the%20Community%20Reinvestment%20Act.pdf
Human Relations Fair Housing and Community Reinvestment Act: http://eastportlandactionplan.org/sites/default/files/2017.10.02%20NCRC%20Human%20Relations%2C%20Fair%20Housing%2C%20and%20Community%20Reinvestment%20Act.pdf
National Trainer Fair House and Community Reinvestment: http://eastportlandactionplan.org/sites/default/files/2010.10.02%20NCRC%20National%20Trainer%20Fair%20Housing%20and%20Community%20Reinvestment%20Act.pdf
Tenant’s Rights – Community Alliance of Tenants: http://eastportlandactionplan.org/sites/default/files/2017.10.02%20NCRC%20Tenants%20Rights%20Community%20Alliance%20of%20Tenants.pdf
No-Cause Eviction and Fair Housing: http://eastportlandactionplan.org/sites/default/files/2017.10.02%20NCRC%20No-Cause%20Evection%20and%20Fair%20Housing%20PowerPoint.pdf
2. Luuwit View Park Grand Opening: Saturday, October 21st from 11 AM – 2 PM NE 129th and NE Fremont, next-door to Shaver Elementary School. FREE food, games, and family fun. Come celebrate the opening of this recent park development.
La Gran Inauguración de Luuwit View Park, el nuevo parque de PP&R: Sábado, 21 de octubre de 2017; 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. La estructura cubierta en el nuevo Luuwit View Park, NE 127th Ave. y Freemont St. Luuwit View Park prestará servicios a casi 1000 viviendas que, antes de su apertura, carecían de acceso fácil a un parque.
3. East Portland Community Center Costume Carnival: Saturday, October 21, 5-7:30pm at 740 SE 106th Ave.
4. Zenger Farms Community Dinner: October 24th, 6 – 8 PM at Zenger Farms, at11741 SE Foster Rd. Come share a meal, build community and hear plans for the next 3-years at Zenger Farms. The event is Free, but please let us know you are coming: 503.282.4245 or email@example.com
5. Multnomah County Senior Resource Fair: October 28th from 10 am - 12:30pm at Midland Library, 805 SE 122nd Ave. Multnomah County Commissioner Jessica Vega Pederson will be hosting this senior resource fair. The goal of this event is to bring resources that are available and valuable to older adults to a location in the community that is easier to access than typical government and non-profit locations. Contact for questions: Hayden Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. No Ivy Day with Portland Parks & Recreation: Saturday, October 28, 9 AM – 12 PM, Community volunteer efforts in East Portland to remove invasive species:
Gateway Green: Along I-205 Multi-Use Path, north of Gateway Transit Center; (See driving and public transit options here). Dress for the weather. We will provide tools and gloves but you are welcome to bring your own if you like. We will provide refreshments. Participants need to be aware that the walk/ride back to the Gateway Transit Center is a fairly long, uphill grade. Site Coordinator: Linda Robinson, email@example.com or 503-261-9566
Springwater Trail + SE 128th: Wear long sleeved shirts, thick pants and sturdy boots. Terrain is hilly, with some potentially wet areas, so bring rubber boots if you have them. SE 128th and the Springwater Corridor trail, just north of Foster Road where Reedway intersects with SE 128th. For more information contact Susan Hawes at 503-823-5937 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Historic Parkrose Trunk or Treat: Rain or Shine: Sunday, October 29th, 4 – 6 PM at Parkrose High School Parking Lot, 12003 NE Shaver. For ages 0 – 12. Candy, games, spooky music, and costume contest. Decorate your trunk and hand-out candy. What could be more fun.
8. Community Alliance of Tenants Membership Brunch: Sunday, October 29th, from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.at Rosewood Initiative, 16126 SE Stark St. Discuss CATs three-year strategic plan and next steps for the 2018 legislative session. CAT members will be voting on these important discussions. Membership is $10; non-members welcome. Free food, interpretation, and childcare to all guests, members or not.
9. Leach Botanical Garden CrowdFunding: Now is the time to support the Leach Treewalk crowdfunding campaign. We’ve been working on the Upper Garden project and particularly the Aerial Treewalk at Leach Garden for seven years. We need your help to build this dream a reality. Our Treewalk will thrill all visitors and increase up-close access to the woodland at Leach. At its southernmost point, the 345 foot long oval walkway is elevated 30 feet above the wooded hillside. The Treewalk will provide all visitors an unforgettable garden overlook and a fresh perspective on nature. Pass the word and opportunity to be part of bringing this resource to East Portland.
10. Portland Human Rights Commission Nominations: Nominations in three categories will be accepted until November 1st: Emerging Leader; Outstanding Organization; Lifetime Achievement. To nominate an individual or group for a Human Rights award, please visit our website to download the nomination form. The 2017 Emily G. Gottfried Human Rights awards being held on Thursday, December 7th. Recipients in each category will be selected based on their efforts to eliminate discrimination and bigotry, to strengthen inter-group relationships, and to foster greater understanding, inclusion and justice for those who live, work, study, worship, travel and play in the City of Portland. For more information contact: email@example.com
11. East Portland Parks Coalition with Commissioner Amanda Fritz: Thursday, November 2, 7 pm, at the East Portland Action Plan office, 1017 NE 117th Ave. In preparation for her visit, please let Linda Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org ) know in advance if there are specific topics you would like her to address at our meeting.
12. Yard Tree Giveaway: City of Portland Parks & Recreation and Johnson Creek Watershed Council want you to Plant for the Future. If you would like a free tree for your yard, click on the following link: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/freetrees or attend one of the following from 10 AM – 4 PM: Saturday, November 4th at Parklane Park, SE 155th Ave & Main St. or Saturday, November 11th at the East Portland Neighborhood Office at 1017 NE 117th Ave. (at the foot of the watertower in the hydropark). 100 trees available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
13.FREE Clean-up with Wilkes Community Group: Saturday, November 4th, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at Margaret Scott elementary School, 14700 NE Sacramento. We accept bulky waste, metals, and yard debris. Do NOT accept concrete, hazardous waste, chemicals, paints, pesticides, or food waste. Donations gladly accepted.
14. Central City Concern Groundbreaking Celebration for Eastside Health Center: Monday, November 6th, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. at 25 NE 122nd Ave. (map). This will bring a two-story medical clinic and 175 units of affordable housing to East Portland. (Please enter from E Burnside)This project is part of Central City Concern's Housing is Health capital campaign, with a lead gift of $21.5 million by a collaboration of six local hospitals and health systems to address our community's affordable housing crisis.
15. Free Community Dinner with Parkrose Community United Church of God: Every Tuesday from November - April, 6:00 – 7:00 PM at 12505 NE Halsey. Donations accepted.
16. City of Portland Fix-it Fairs! FREE. The fairs are a free event where people can learn simple ways to save money and connect with community resources, with many workshops available in Spanish. If your organization is interested in attending any or all of the fairs to spread the word about your services, please contact email@example.com. The City of Portland's 2017-18 Fix-it Fairs are scheduled for the following Saturdays:
November 18, 2017, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM at Ron Russell Middle School, 3955 SE 112th Ave.
February 24, 2018, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM at Madison High School, 2735 NE 82nd Ave.
18. Division Midway Alliance Events at 11721 SE Division:
DMA Board Meeting – DMA’s board meets the 4th Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm at 11721 SE Division
Every Wednesday, 9am to 1pm - PSU Business Outreach Office Hours - PSU offers FREE Professional business technical assistance every Wednesday between 9 and 1pm.
Every Wednesday & Thursday, 4:00-7:00pm – Myanmar Community Office Hours – DMA hosts Community Office Hours every Wednesday and Thursday.
Every Friday, 3pm to 7pm & Saturday, 10am to 1pm – Iraqi Society of Oregon’s Community Hours – DMA hosts Community Office Hours for the Iraqi Community every Friday evening and Saturday morning.
Every Sunday, Noon - 2:00pm – Bhutanese Citizenship Class, 2:30 – ESL Class.
20. Portland Bureau of Transportation BIKETOWN for All: A reduced-cost BIKETOWN membership program for Portland-area residents living on low incomes. Memberships cost $3 per month to use the “orange bikes” and can be paid for in cash or with a credit or debit card. People who want to pay with a card can verify their income online using an EBT card (Oregon Trail Card) during registration. People who want to pay in cash must attend an in-person workshop to complete registration. All members are invited to attend the public workshops, which will cover bike riding essentials for city riding. All workshop attendees receive a free helmet. For more information visit www.BIKETOWNforAll.com.
21. Mercado Internacional de Agricultores & Exploradores de Alimentos Programa Para Niños: Cada Domingo, 9am-2pm, Junio – Octubre Lugar : SE 92 nd Avenue, entre Foster y Harold. Demonstración de Cocina en el Mercado cada cuarto Domingo, empieza 25 de Junio, presentado por Cocineras Comunitarias de Zenger Farm Para todos los eventos: Niños están bienvenidos con su adulto.
22. Winter Term at Mt Hood Community College: Begins Jan. 8, 2018. Sign up today for classes by visiting http://mhcc.edu/admissions/
23. Portland Online Map Search of Land Use Cases: As part of our ongoing effort to improve public access and the usability of information, we have added a land use case search to the Portland Maps website Advanced Search feature. http://www.portlandoregon.gov/?c=44740&a=648615
24. Multnomah County Community Resource List: www.multco.us/sites/default/files/health/documents/community_resource_list.pdf